Porcelain Veneers In Singapore
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic that are bonded to the front of the teeth to alter the color, shape, size, or length. Porcelain units resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. With proper care, these veneers can last more than 10 years.
- Can cover virtually any imperfection, including gaps, chips, and stains
- High success rate
- More conservative of tooth structure as compared to crowns
However, the process is irreversible as the tooth has to be shaved slightly. Hence, teeth may become sensitive after the procedure. Although there are several risks associated to this procedure, most people consider the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Ideal candidates have:
- Healthy gums
- Generally good oral health
If you have thin or missing enamel, periodontal disease, or bruxism, porcelain veneers may not be successful for you. Consult your dentists if you are unsure.
Nothing is ever quite as smooth or as strong as your natural teeth. It will take some effort to maintain your veneers, similar to how you will take care of your own natural teeth.
- Regular scaling and polishing session (every 6 months)
- Good dental hygiene
- Good diet. Even though veneers are less susceptible to staining, you should still avoid drinks that stain your teeth easily (i.e. coffee, tea, red wine, fizzy drinks, etc)
Long term precautions to take
- Get a nightguard if you grind or clench your teeth at night to protect your veneers from damage.
- Avoid biting on hard foods/objects (e.g. chocolate bars, ice, pencils)
- Avoid activities such as contact sports
Make an appointment today
Discuss your needs with our staff and book a consultation today. Get in touch over the phone on +65 6221 1121 or send us a message at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.